Architect and Design (A&D) Outside Sales Rep
Job Title: Architect and Design (A&D) Outside Sales Rep
Location: Rye, NY and Bethel, CT
Job Type: Full-Time and Part-Time Available
About Us: As the premier natural stone supplier in Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York, Academy Marble has built a stellar reputation with over ten years of experience serving homeowners and tradesmen alike. We are expanding our team of talented Architect and Design (A&D) Outside Sales Representatives that are responsible for presenting our products to commercial clients, including local architects, designers and builders, so they choose Academy Marble for their stone selection, fabrication and installation needs.
Job Responsibilities: As an A&D Outside Sales Rep, you will work with clients from the beginning to the end of projects and help educate them throughout the process. To be successful in this role you must have experience working with architects and interior designers and have proven expertise in growing new business opportunities and managing existing accounts. The A&D Outside Rep is accountable for sourcing new commercial projects and ensuring timely followup through in-person meetings, phone calls and email communication. This person is also responsible for maintaining organizational documents and spreadsheets that detail the list of projects they are engaged in and their various stages of development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various products sold and the fabrication and installation process
- Build relationships with commercial architecture & design firms in order to increase new business accounts
- Professionally represent Academy Marble through in-person client meetings, product presentations, phone calls to potential A&D client’s with the intention of establishing a relationship, etc. Provide timely and accurate technical information for product specifications.
- -Work closely with multiple team members and clients to ensure relevant account information is communicated and projects are completed on-time and within scope.
Preferred Skills and Requirements: The ideal candidate should enjoy prospecting for new accounts and thrive in a competitive environment. A successful candidate is highly motivated, personable and skilled at interacting with clients.
- A college degree/trade school/design and/or architecture education is preferred, but not required
- Experience with kitchen or bath design, or previous stone countertop sales, is a plus
- Be highly organized and have a successful history of maintaining multiple accounts while consistently achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new programs
- Extensive local travel is be required
COVID-19 Considerations: To ensure the safety of our employees, customers and community, masks are required to wear during all customer appointments. Masks, sanitizer and gloves are provided where needed.
To Apply: Please out the form and attach your resume and cover letter to apply.